I’ve got a handy little list of cool things I’m going to do to bring spontaneity, delight, beauty and meaning to my life, peppered throughout the everyday. This list is a work in progress so I will add to and edit it as I create and achieve new goals.
Buy a Mazda 3 Sport hatchback in a fun colour(no silver here! Give me teal or indigo). Pay for it in cash. (March 2013. Due to the emergency nature of this purchase, it was not done 100% in cash, but I’m okay with that.) See Shania Twain perform live. (May 2013 in Vegas!)
- Do an after-dark snowshoeing trek finished up with chocolate fondue.
- Try yoga on a stand-up paddleboard.
- Go ziplining in Costa Rica.
- Bathe in the natural hot springs in Iceland.
- Touch an elephant.
- Get a tattoo of an elephant and acacia tree on the back of my right shoulder.
- Become a foster parent.
- Learn to hold crow pose in yoga.
Rent a 2-bedroom apartment that I can afford to pay for on my own. (Done! April 2013)
- Do a winery tour in the Okanagan.
Get my blog redesigned. (Thanks, Karlyn!)
- Get a paid freelance writing gig.
- Visit Chicago.
- Visit New York.
- Visit Portland.
- Master baking a pie from scratch.
- Complete a running race… let’s start with a 5k.
- Take a web design class.
- Go kayaking.
- Adopt a dog from Turtle Gardens Animal Rescue Society.
- Throw a themed party.
- Take a culinary class at Dirty Apron Cooking School.
Complete the Grouse Grind.(Achieved in Sept 2012) Try a spin class.(Done in Nov 2012) Take a vacation solo.(3 months backpacking around Western Europe in 2008, and Hawaii in July 2012) Own my own business.(July 2010 – Nov 2011, I was self-employed) Become debt-free. Start a proper financial plan.(Began in 2010; have been consistently increasing my contributions as my income increased) Sing karaoke.(My 32nd birthday celebration) Go on a tropical vacation.(Kauai, Hawaii in July 2012!)
- Attend a yoga retreat in another country.
Try dining in the dark. (June 2013 with my family)