Blink and you’ll miss it, right? That was March. It seems to have passed in a blur. Here’s the scoop this month:
- I bought myself a 2012 Mazda 3 hatchback, a car I’ve been dreaming about for five years. And knocked that one off my bucket list. I did the whole purchase alone… yup, this means the whole haggling game with the salesmen. It was intimidating.
- Attended a good friend’s southern-themed bachelorette party and participated in a hella fun scavenger hunt, chauffeured by limousine.
- Enjoyed the baby shower for one of my oldest friend who’s about to have her first baby any minute now. And by oldest, I mean the girl I’ve been friends with the longest, not the actual oldest age of any of my friends. Geez, wouldn’t out a new mama like that!!
- Discovered a new favourite music group: Of Monsters and Men. They’re a great indie folk/pop band from Iceland, you should give them a listen!
- Spent two weeks packing and kept the stress & panic about it to a minimum.
- Said farewell to my roommate and began solo living for the first time in a few years.
- Got the keys to my new place!
How did I do on my March intentions?
- Get movers booked. -Success!
- Green smoothie habit. -Turns out that it’s far more important to execute Mission: Eat What’s Already In Your House than it is to start a green smoothie habit during the month that you’re moving. Not one green smoothie was consumed. Not even a Happy Planet one. FAIL!
- Yoga 2-3 times a week, although I will let myself off the hook for this one in the last week of March because I think packing will rule my life at that point. -I averaged 1.5 classes/week. Not terrible considering the amount of time spent on packing.
- DO NOT ACTIVELY LOOK AT CARS FOR SALE. -Whoa, HUGE FAIL! Totally bought a new car!
- Have my friend Niki over for dinner. -Seriously, what was I thinking? Entertain guests in the middle of frantic car shopping which fell in the middle of moving month? HAHAHAHAHAA. Ha. No.
- Enjoy this month’s bachelorette and baby shower festivities, celebrate my friends with frugal gifts and an open heart, and get excited to meet the new little baby that’s coming in the next month! -Yup! And friend baby #1 has made her debut into the world. Still on Babywatch High Alert for baby #2.
- Move into my new place! -Success!
- Hiking season has begun. I’m shooting for one short weeknight hike and one longer weekend hike per week.
- Yoga 1 time per week
- Sign up for ballet flow yoga with my friend Ashley
- Unpack and get the new place feeling like home.
- Take Magdalena for a real spin! I’ve been too busy to do so yet. (I have named the new car Magdalena)
- Do a lil’ shopping for this lil’ vacation I have coming up in May